The Toronto Chapter of ARMA International was chartered in January 28th, 1969. Our membership over the past 5 years had up to 150 registered. We serve Records and Information Management (RIM) and Information Governance (IG) professionals in the Greater Toronto Area and throughout Ontario.
We are one of ARMA International's largest chapters in Canada. With Toronto being the largest commercial and educational centre in Canada, our membership demographics touch on all of the key business segments in the public and private sectors, including the legal industry, consulting, financial institutions, municipal and provincial government, and many more. Our diverse membership ranges from students and records clerks to RIM directors and company presidents. The Toronto Chapter maintains a close relationship with our educational institutions and many of the like-minded organizations affiliated with records and information management.
We are governed by registered bylaws with an elected Board of Directors. Those voting positions are: President, Vice President and Meeting Chair, Treasurer, Secretary, Programs, Membership, Communications, Vendor Relations, Newsletter Editor, and Members-at-large.
The mission of ARMA is to:
Provide education, research, and networking opportunities to information professionals;
Enable members to use their skills and experience to leverage the value of records, information and knowledge as corporate assets and as contributors to organizational success.
At ARMA, we recognize that information is a vital asset of every organization. Our vision is to provide leadership in education, research and networking for the benefit of information professionals.
We believe . . .
- That our members come first in everything we do
- In respecting each other as equals
- In affording members and their staff the opportunity for professional development
- In actively soliciting and welcoming input from others
- That individual contributions are both valued and recognized
- In recognizing members and staff as partners on our team
- In providing the right information to all requests at the right time
- In doing business with respect, integrity, and professionalism
- In the power of sharing what we know