Are you prepared for the next disaster?
FREE event to all ARMA members.
When: Thursday, SEPTEMBER 28th, 2017, 1:00pm – 4:30pm
Where: University of Toronto, Claude T.Bissell building at 140 St. George St at Sussex St, 5th floor room 520.
Registration: RSVP by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org , by September 18th.
Please note that space is limited for this event, so register ASAP
Jerry Kofsky – National Business Development & Document Recovery Specialist at Polygon Restoration Inc.
Jerry graduated from Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology. In 1998 Jerry became District Manager with Munters Moisture Control Service (MCS), a global corporate emergency services provider for 10 years. In 2008 he joined one of Canada’s largest corporate disaster recovery company’s and is currently employed with Polygon Restoration Inc., formerly known as Munters Moisture Control Services
For over eighteen years, Jerry has actively participated in numerous disasters within Canada and the United States, such as: Toledo, Ohio July 1999, Toronto May, 2000, Peterborough, ON, June 2002 & July 2004, Toronto January 2003, Toronto August 2005, Calgary, AB June 2005, IOWA River flood, June 2008, Slave Lake AB, Wildfire May, 2011, Calgary AB, June 2013, and Toronto, ON, July 2013.
Jerry holds a number of Industry designations from the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) and completed George Brown College Emergency Management Program.
- Mitigating the loss. Has your organization chosen a contractor in the event that a disaster should occur?
- Understanding your role during a disaster. Has your organization assembled a team to deal with disasters when they strike?
- Time is NOT on your side and why? The 72 hour rule and what does this mean?
- Making the tough decision, save or destroy?
- Risk and exposure(s). What options are available to ensure that my recovered property is safe for handling and or storage?
- Insurance, do you understand your policy and what options are available to you? Is your property adequately insured? Privacy and Non-Disclosure (NDA)
Trevor Lloyd – Technical Account Manager at DATTO, Inc.
Trevor Lloyd is a technical account manager at Datto Enterprises. Datto is a channel-only technology provider of Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) and protects more than 300 Petabytes of customer data around the world using 9 data centers. Trevor supports key partners such as Iron Mountain to convert customers from legacy backup technologies to more modern approaches. Prior to working at Datto, Trevor held IT sales positions with both Iron Mountain and Recall focusing on Fortune 1000 companies.
- Why have Disaster Recovery as a Service
- Datto’s ransomware report
- Calculating the true cost of downtime
Rico Henriques – Data Management Development Executive at Iron Mountain