ARMA International members include records and information managers, MIS/IT professionals, imaging specialists, archivists, hospital administrators, legal administrators, librarians, corporate counsel, compliance professionals and educators. ARMA, its chapters and its members are dedicated to helping individuals, organizations and government agencies successfully meet the challenges of the increasingly complex records and information management field.
The benefits of ARMA membership include:
- Access to a global network of RIM professionals
- Annual subscription to The Information Management Journal (retail value of $115 USD)
- Your choice of various e-mail newsletter subscriptions (Marketing RIMinder, Washington Policy Brief, Canadian Policy Brief, International Policy Brief, Information Management NewsWire, General E-mail Alert)
- Online Member Search capabilities to provide you with contact information of members
- Electronic access to information, tips, and guidance through the ARMA member forum
- Acquire expertise through a variety of venues such as the ARMA Bookstore, Annual Conference and Expo and The Information Management Journal
- Professional development opportunities such as the ICRM study groups, online courses & web seminars and career search & resume posting services
- Leadership opportunities through service on ARMA’s committees and Board of Directors, as well as through Chapter leadership
The best way for ARMA members to develop their records and information management skills is through Chapter activities. Chapter membership benefits include:
- An opportunity to participate with a local network of professionals
- Chapter Member discounts for all business meetings and workshops (IMS)
- An annual subscription to For The Record, Toronto’s own electronic newsletter published 4 times each year which reports on Chapter activities, editorials, published articles authored by local members and republished articles from international RM societies outside of ARMA.
- Download presentation material from the monthly programs and seminars.
- Connect with mentors and/or participate in local study groups for individuals seeking CRM certification with the Institute of Certified Record Managers (ICRM)
- Participate on local College Curriculum Advisory Committees
- Awards and recognition for significant contributions to the profession
Becoming a Member
To join an ARMA Chapter, you must first become a member of ARMA International, then specify the Chapter(s) you wish to be affiliated with. We recommend you Apply Online; alternatively, you can access a PDF version of the Application Form to be printed and then mailed/faxed into ARMA headquarters. Addresses and phone numbers are provided on the form.
We hope you join us and contribute to our local membership!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply for ARMA membership?
Information for membership can be found in the membership section of the ARMA International website. Go to the membership menu heading and select your membership option. Application for membership can be made online or by mail via the form available in the membership section.
What is the cost of an ARMA membership?
Information regarding the cost of an ARMA membership can be found in the Membership section of the ARMA International website.
What does ARMA stand for?
ARMA is an acronym for the Association of Records Managers and Administrators. Over the past several years, however, we have seen a broadening of the profession as records management has become a recognized and integral part of information management which is key to doing business. To reflect the changing environment and this “expansion” of the profession, the association’s Board of Directors decided to discontinue using ARMA as an acronym and adopted “ARMA International” as a general descriptor of the association.
Where can I find out more about ARMA’s purpose and mission?
General information about ARMA International can be found by going to the Who We Are section of their website.
How do I find contact information for ARMA International?
Go to the Contact Us section of ARMA’s web site. There you can find ARMA’s address, phone, fax, e-mail and links to ARMA’s directories for staff, the Board of Directors, Region Managers/Coordinators, Chapters, Ambassadors and Committees.