Bilingual Data and Information Manager – Competition No.: 7175
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada’s authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer unbiased housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations.
Bring your leadership skills and your data and information management expertise to this position in Ottawa.
This new permanent full time position is an exceptional opportunity to become a senior member of the Corporate Information Governance team, where you will be responsible for managing and overseeing the full lifecycle of data and information management within CMHC, in close collaboration with the business sectors and IT Partners. Your role will consist of leading the development, implementation and management of a strong infrastructure of policies, standards, practices, tools and people, to ensure that CMHC manages its data, information, records, and knowledge in accordance with operational, fiscal, legal and legislative requirements. You will also be responsible for the integration of records and information management principles into the organization’s business processes, and into the design and operation of information technology systems to drive efficiencies and value to the business areas.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Providing strategic direction, as the subject matter expert, on the management of data, information, records and knowledge as corporate assets.
- Leading the design, development, implementation, delivery and maintenance of a corporate information, records and knowledge management framework.
- Communicating new ideas, prioritizing and scoping projects, supporting creation of high level plans and leading the building of solutions to organizational needs.
- Acting as a catalyst for change by building a shared vision with colleagues and influencing the translation of vision into action.
- Providing expertise and advice on the content, interpretation, and application of all aspects of the information, records and knowledge management compliance framework (including forecasting, articulating and communicating information management risks, recommending and implementing solutions to mitigate these risks, etc.).
- Planning, developing, implementing and monitoring a business continuity/disaster preparedness program for vital information assets.
- Developing performance indicators and other evaluation tools, and monitors progress to ensure that client requirements are continually met or exceeded.
- Managing the development of a corporate-wide information management communication and training strategy that encompasses outreach initiatives, the delivery of training and information sessions, etc.
- Providing direction, guidance and mentorship to team members as appropriate, including the operational planning / scheduling of work, and resolution of escalated issues.
- Making recommendations to Director regarding the unit-specific processes and policies, with a view to supporting continuous process improvement.
- Reporting to Director on unit performance, and identifies and raises risks as required.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Management Systems or in a related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant Information Management experience; or equivalent qualifications obtained through at least 12 years of success in related positions of increasing responsibility. An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge and experience in leading and implementing an effective data/information management framework.
- Demonstrated experience planning and implementing major information technology projects.
- Demonstrated experience in building creative data/information governance solutions to ensure information management technology is aligned with business objectives and priorities.
- Demonstrated experience in providing risk management expertise and advice to business sectors.
- Demonstrated experience in developing performance indicators and other data/information evaluation tools.
- Demonstrated experience in providing direction, guidance and mentorship to IT professionals.
- Strong knowledge of information management standards, implementation approaches and products.
- In-depth analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to present information and influence individuals at various levels within the organization and promote cross functional collaboration.
- Ability to interact with various levels of senior management in a multi-tasking, deadline oriented, team environment.
- Solution-oriented with demonstrated ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with key stakeholders, peers, and team members.
- Ability to partner with both technical and non-technical staff.
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Commitment to Official Languages/ Analytical Thinking / Communication (Presenting and Influencing)/ Effective Leadership/ Coaching and Feedback/ Project Management/ Focus on Results/ Relationship Building
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan up to December 31, 2017
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan starting January 1, 2018
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
Please visit our website at www.cmhc.ca/careers to apply online for this employment opportunity (Competition No. 7175).
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on December 3, 2017, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- This position requires bilingualism in English and French, with the ability to read, write, understand and speak in your second official language at an intermediate level. Candidates who do not currently have valid language test results recognised by CMHC will be required to take a language test. https://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/corp/ca/upload/guide-second-laguage-proficiency-tests.pdf
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Secret Clearance.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and will be considered for related vacancies.